Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Car shopping is so similar to shoe shopping!

Since hubs has taken a better route and we have more income rolling in, we've re-evaluated our budget and decided now would be the right time to take on a car truck payment. Hubs has been wanting a truck since our Saturn Vue was totaled in 2010 but we decided to go the van route and he's been secretly pining away for one since.

We've just started the whole looking process and frankly, it's a lot like shoe shopping. There are so many to try on with hundreds of little and different features. They come in various colors and you always have to try them on before you buy.

Hubs is a redneck man. God love him. :)

Here are 3 trucks that he's considering right now... Enjoy!

Big truck #1 is HUGE! It has a 6" lift kit and I swear that metal foot thingie comes up to my waist. Hopefully I will never have to drive or put the kids in this!!

Truck #2 isn't quite as big but please note the camo down the bottom. Yeah, he likes the camo. He's also already planning on a 4" lift.

Truck #3 My favorite! It looks sturdy, not too high, and there's no sign of a redneck driving it. :) I'm sure if he gets this one, he'll end up redneckin' it up a bit.


Overall, I'd like to say that I want him to get the truck that will make him happy but in the same time, I want it to be safe for me and the kids. I also do not want to run and jump to get in the damn thing!

If you're interested in a new or used vehicle, you might want check this site that helps you find your cars value. I found out that my van is still worth over $6k should I want to trade it in. Woohoo!!

Too bad if I traded in, I'd just end up with another minivan.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I really like the first truck! I am also currently looking for a new truck. I haven't found any thing yet but I am going to gmc in Grand Rapids this week and hopefully I find something there. Thanks for the site that checks your cars value!

    ReplyDelete