Friday, August 3, 2012

Getting ready for Back to School

I'm not even in school and I find it exhausting! This week has been crazy insane.

How they look is how my brain feels right now!

Kade's school implemented a new dress code and I've been searching like crazy for khaki flat front shorts and solid polos. I'm hoping the new Nikes he just got are going to be alright because honestly, my kid just can't rock the loafer look. He's way too cool for that!

And what's up with all these school supplies??? He's in 6th grade, not college! Why does a 6th grader need such sophisticated contraptions? When I was a kid, I need a simple calculator, pencils, notebooks, folders, and a backpack. Yeah, Kade needs a graphing calculator (hello $150 that he's going to lose halfway through the year) and about 35 gallons of Purell.

Whatever happened to eating dirt??? :)

I read yesterday that the average price for a child going back to school is almost $900! $900 for 9 months of schooling? Wow! That's doesn't include our $5000 tuition either. Cheese and rice guys!!

I was so excited when I received my email from Penneys stating that they're offering FREE haircuts to kids from grades K - 6th. Yes, we will be there at 2pm on August 9th to see Julia!

Sidenote: Our trip to the zoo a couple days ago took a sad turn. The 60 year old hippo was euthanized on Wednesday. She was just too old and was able to get around at all. I'm glad we were able to see her one last time.

Back to track, this year we're making Kade pick one or two after school activities. We want him to be more involved and not such a homebody. Hopefully this will help to break him out of his shell.

What after school actives do you guys recommend for kids that are 11? Just curious!

If you made it through all this random, Congratulations!!! I'd bake you a cake by my oven isn't working properly!


No comments:

Post a Comment