Sunday, July 1, 2012

Another record breaking day!

Today the temp in our city broke the highest temp recorded since 1933.

This is just something that I am NOT impressed with. It is so miserable outside. We ventured out for lunch at Hacienda and nearly melted. Our A/C in the van was just not up to par. Poor lil' miss' cheeks were red the entire ride.

My husband's occupation is that of a food delivery driver. He is a door to door route driver and frequently services farmers and many that live in the country. Yesterday he had a talk with one of the local farmers and because of the lack of rain, this farmer and his family have lost all their income for this year as well as $250K which was spent on planting his 120 acres.

It breaks my heart to know this.

My small town up bringing often causes me trouble here in town. More times than not, I am too trusting and not aware enough. The mannerisms of myself and my husband are night and day. I remember when he first started his route driver business, he was very wary of stepping into anyone's home and was seriously disturbed when they invited him in.I am happy to report he has since changed his country outlook attitude and we are trying to save and pay off debt so we can move to the country. (Although, he still gives me the stink eye when I say hello to complete stranger walking down our sidewalk.)

Right now, everyone in the house is napping, including hubs. This hot weather just drained us!

No comments:

Post a Comment