Friday, July 13, 2012

Why are my children animals?

Today has NOT been a productive or good day.

I woke up to Stella screaming in her room. I go to check on her and she's completely naked. The PJs were on the floor and she had flung her diaper up on her dresser. Did I mention it was full?

The sheets and mattress were soaked and she was smelly.

After a quick scrub down, I redressed her and woke hubs up. Make coffee. Out of milk. SERIOUSLY?!?

We had a full gallon yesterday. I swear we have a milk monster that lurks in the fridge and drinks it while we're all sleeping.

So back to the day, Lil' Miss has decided she wants to be naked (again!) so the clothes are off. Her being naked doesn't bother me at all, it's natural. It's when she decides to use the facilities in the living room that gets to me.

After cleaning up that mess, I dress her once again and send her upstairs to jump on her brother's head wake him up. She's a pro at this. :)

Down stairs they come and now they're ready to eat. Did I mention we're out of milk? Everyone whines for milk (including hubs) so I tell everyone to basically suck it up and drink juice. Kids eat. We take hubs to work and head to the grocery store. (Yes, we're a one vehicle household. It isn't fun but we manage.)

At the store, both kids are fairly calm until we head down the fruit aisle. They both want bananas. Check. Both want apples. Check. Neither want grapes. Too bad, I'm the momma! This ensues with me threatening them both to go home and go straight to bed. The oldest simmers down but my youngest decides she's going to yell at the top of her lungs "NO NO NO NO!"

We continue shopping and actually survive to the check out. :)

So we're home and I've cleaned up messes at least 43 times now. Both kids are watching Madagascar now so I have a minute to myself.

Do you hear that? Yeah, me neither. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment