Monday, July 23, 2012

Fiverr

Last week, I saw something about a website called Fiverr.com It peaked my interest so I decided to check it out.

Fiverr is a pretty cool site. Basically, you tell the internet what you would do for $5 (they call it a gig) and if someone thinks it's a good idea and likes what you're about, they'll pay you $5 to do it.

I started small with one gig and yesterday, I received my first order.

In order to get paid the $5 ($4 actually, because Fiverr takes a buck for their troubles), all I had to do was post a link to a jewelry store and review what I saw of the product. Easy cake pie, right?

Today, I woke up to another order. This one was pretty cool because it was for a local(ish) band and turns out, I really like their music! If you're intersted, they're called SoulJunky. I'll definitely be giving them another listen soon.

So back to Fiverr... I haven't received any funds to my Paypal yet but I read that Fiverr holds the funds for 14 days before releasing them. I have a couple friends who have used this service for a few months and they've both been paid so I'm not gonna stress too much.

Just wanted to put this out there for anyone who has a lot of friends on Facebook OR free time on their hands!

Toodles!

3 comments:

  1. On fiverr- what was your offer? I am perplexed as to how people really make money doing this. I know people seem to swear by it, but I was just curious!

    Thanks! :) It seems like you are very practical with the things that you're doing- good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was posting links to my facebook and my blog. I'm still making $4 here and there but honestly, it could never replace the income I earn from online trading. At best, it buys a tank of gas once of month (which is pretty cool!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is online trading? If you don't mind me asking..? I'm living abroad and work here is hard to do due to visa issues and too many people wanting the same job..

    I would love to be able to utilize the resources that I have (the internet) to make some cash to contribute to our small family.. :)

    ReplyDelete