Friday, July 13, 2012

Earning a little on the side (Part 1)

So I'm a stay at home mom and have been for the past 2 years. Hubs works long hours to provide the necessities for our family, so I'm happy to do my part and earn the little extras to make everyone in our house smile. :)
 
Since there are so many scams out there and I fell pray to them in the very beginning, I've decided to share my honest and brutal opinions on the ones that benefit me. This post will more than like come in 3 parts as I have to break it down in between naps.

First up, Swagbucks. Swagbucks pays you in "Swagbucks" just by using their search bar, shopping through their portals, filling out short surveys, and browsing the web. You can cash in your Swagbucks for giftcards to Amazon, Target, Paypal, Overstock, etc.

Swagbucks is actually what has paid for our Christmases since 2010, the first year I quit working. I try to budget $1500 for the entire Christmas (all 4 of us) and I pay for it with the Amazon giftcards I receive from Swagbucks. Broken down, I usually make about $125 (in giftcards) a month from Swagbucks but it does fluctuate about $25 here and there.

Every once in a while, Swagbucks will run a sale on the giftcards so I try to hold onto mine and cash them in when the gettin's good! 

That concludes this post for now. My lil' one is up and if I know her, she's probably in her crib pulling off her diaper right now.



2 comments:

  1. You may also wanna checkout some new music and live performances from Poetic Justice : http://knotz42.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really my cup of tea but I always think it's great when musician express themselves freely. Good luck in all your ventures!

    ReplyDelete