Monday, July 16, 2012

I wish I were joking!

So, I have this almost 2 year old and she thinks she's a tiger.

It all stems from an episode of Dora the Explorer in which Dora and Boots help rescue a baby fox and take it back to its momma. In this episode there is a baby tiger that follows Dora and Boots and helps them return the little fox home.

The show itself was cute but now that it's over, the charade should be as well. My daughter still thinks, after 2 months, that she is a baby tiger at times. She growls and purrs, crawls all over the floor, rubs herself against my leg while I'm doing dishes, and tries to claw at me.

She's 22 months so I know she doesn't fully get what she's doing but we've went over this time and time again.

"No Stella, stand up. You cannot be a tiger in the grocery store. The floor is filthy."

"Stella stop scratching Momma! That hurts!"

'Meow, meow'

"Stella what do you want baby-doll? Momma doesn't know what meow, meow means."

The lists go on but you catch the jest.

I'm sure this is a phase and I pray that she outgrows it. If she doesn't, just think how awkward it will be when she hits kindergarten and starts frolicking on all fours with the other children!

No comments:

Post a Comment