Thursday, July 19, 2012

More on my thoughts about living in the country

I know I said it yesterday, but I am absolutely disgusted with city life. I would just like one day where I can walk outside, sweep off my porch, and not be harassed by people looking for cigarettes, change, or a phone book.

Seriously people... You a 1/2 block away from a Police Station. Go ask for help there!!

My yard, regardless of how small it is, is not your trashcan and my steps are not a park bench. Pick it up and move it on!

I don't think I'm better than anyone. I really don't. I just don't like living in fear that one day the one person I say 'No' to decides that they will just do as they please and demand money or access into my home. I don't live in an awful neighborhood but we are smack on one of the busiest streets here in Evansville.

It just makes me nervous. Unless my husband is home, I rarely go outside unless it's to go somewhere and then we hop our happy behinds in the van and go. We don't hang out on the porch and we certainly don't leave the windows or doors unlocked. EVER.

This is what I dream of before I go to bed at night.



It actually reminds me of the house from the TV show The Walking Dead but I love how peculiar it is and the fact that it looks homey just sitting there. I could easily picture myself curled up with a book on that porch.

And how neat to have an octagon shaped house? I love it.

So I'll keep dreaming and maybe, just maybe, in 2015, we'll be ready to move and buy our house in the country.

Here's to dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment