Saturday, July 7, 2012

Can your kids reach locks??


Yesterday in the paper, a 2 year old had gotten out of their house and wandered down to the CVS. The little guy was okay, just a bump on his forehead, but the parents were beside themselves (completely understandable!). He had unlocked the door with a chair and just took off. CVS employees notified the PD and CPS took the child to the hospital where he was later released back to the parents.

Those little ones are so sneaky! Lil' Miss can't reach our locks (yet!) but rest assured we are going to be installing dead bolts higher than a chair can reach. I just can't imagine what I'd do without her. She's a heathen, but I love her to pieces.


 I did this for Stella and Kade when Stella was still a baby and I'm so thankful I did.  If something horrible should ever happen, I know I've taken the first step. I pray this never does happen but you can certainly never be too sure!

The Gerber safety kits come with finger printing, a complete detailed info kit about your child, and also include hair samples and an updated photo. I am going to request these every year that they offer it because I know that they could very possibly come in handy.

I'm going to hope it never happens but will be preparing for the worst. It's really the only thing that make sense when it comes to my kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment