Monday, July 2, 2012

Today is a great day! Thank God for small favors!

Today, I got a call from hubs and he was moved to a different route system. What exactly does this mean for us? It means hubs is getting big paydays now. I'm so excited!

The routes hubs was running were averaging about $1000 take home every 2 weeks. These new routes will bring home about $2500! Who's excited? Me, me!!

Last year was so rough on us, hubs was drawing unemployment and we were struggling. We didn't know how we were going to make it day to day, let alone month to month. It was an awful struggle and really tested our new marriage. The tears that fell from uncertainty and doubt were almost too much.

We found our strength in each other and tried to push ourselves along as best we could. We had a 10 year old and few month old depending on us. Nick did little odd jobs when he could find them and I started free trading and selling everything we could live without. (We found out we could live without A LOT!) We even pawned our wedding rings that had been in Nick's family for 3 generations.

It was a struggle.

Then, this year (2012), hubs got a call for an interview and was hired. For the last 6 months, Nick has worked 5-6 days a week, 14 hour days and now it is starting to pay off. When he called today, I could actually hear the excitement and relief in his voice. It made me tear up. :)

We are still living month to month but I'm proud of what we've accomplished and how we've fought through what I never thought we were going to.  I'm glad we stuck this journey out together. I look forward to more years with my hubs. He's definitely the one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment